What Are Polyunsaturated Fats?
- Two types of polyunsaturated fats
- What do polyunsaturated fats help with?
- Heart health
- Mental health
- Cell membranes
- Children’s growth
- What foods have polyunsaturated fats?
- Egg yolk
- Hemp seeds
- Avocado oil
- Peanut butter
- Vegetable oils – but not recommended
- Flax seeds
- Salmon and other fresh fish
- Chia seeds
- Grass fed animal products
- A lot of foods have a good ratio of both – chia seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, papayas
- Make sure to get polyunsaturated fat into your diet
- Don’t stress over the ratio because it’s confusing
- Consume less vegetable oils and fried foods
- Choose coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil rather than canola or vegetable oil
- Consume nuts and seeds, eggs, fish, if possible