Why is the Mediterranean Diet Considered Healthy?
- Why is the Mediterranean Diet considered healthy?
- What foods are emphasized in the Mediterranean Diet?
- Whole grains
- Vegetables & fruits
- Olive oil
- Nuts and seeds
- Plenty of water
- Some dairy and cheeses
- Occasional red wine
- What foods are rarely eaten?
- Health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet
- Good for your heart
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Good for brain health and mood
- No one diet is healthy unless it’s sustainable and works for your body
- You don’t have to be strict but adopting some areas of the Mediterranean diet may lead you down a healthier path
- Much of the research is over a longer timeframe or combined with physical activity for better success with disease prevention